Monday, August 27, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm

Happy Monday!! There are only 4 preparation days before Grove season! We have been busy bees at the "White House" this past week and weekend getting ready for this Saturday. Oh, because of the title you think we're relaxing?? No, no, no the off-season ended July 31st; beginning August 1st much thought goes into preparing and planning and more planning. . .

First, we had to empty the "Grove Closet" meaning we had to pull out everything that we used last year and decide what's getting replaced, repaired or removed. We really made a mess, but it is a necessary evil. After the not-so-fun work, we begin on the updates and additions, and this year there will be a lot. I wont tell you everything today but I'll give you a sneak peak of one of the projects I hope to finish this week:



When this and my other projects are done, be ready to be amazed--Pinterest will have nothing on me. We'll be the only tent in the Grove with these little tid-bits. :o)

There is much more to talk about, but I have to go prepare for my Fantasy Football draft tonight!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the title "The Calm Before the Storm," as we all know there is the threat of severe weather, Hurricane Issac, hitting the South which translates to a soggy first game. First and foremost, I hope that everyone is careful and safe both on the coast and inland. Once everyone is A-Okay, I hope we don't have rain on Saturday. It can come before, I just need the Grove to be mostly dry on Saturday. Don't worry, we'll battle whatever conditions will come--it's just easier on a dry day.


1 comment:

  1. You rock at writing; love every bit of this post! I cannot wait to see everything you have in store for the Grove!

    ReplyDelete