Friday, September 14, 2012

MY 10 SECONDS OF FAME

Many of you had a chance to see the clip below. If you didn't hear, this is the story behind it:

Hoda and Kathie Lee with the Today Show were holding a competition for them to "Invade Your University." The school that showed the most spirit by sending pictures and videos to them via Twitter would win them coming and hosting their show at your campus. So the morning of the UTEP game after setting up, I see a guy, Ryan who worked for Ole Miss, walking around with the following sign:



He filmed groups of people holding the sign and shouting Hotty Toddy and "We have the best tailgate in the country." Mother and I had an oppotunity to do this with our Grove neighbors the McCafferty's and Jones's. Once we finished, I asked Ryan if they had yet offered Hoda and Kathie Lee any alcohol. He said no and that he doubted the school would approve of it. I'll admit that I don't watch the Today Show everyday, but I have caught the last hour on occassion and if you don't know, Hoda and Kathie Lee have some type of cocktail or a glass of wine every morning. Anyway, Ryan amused me and filmed the video. It was a single take, with me 'wigging it' and in all honesty I never thought I would see it again. Because of the offer of alcohol, the University would not allow him to send it from their Twitter account, so he sent it from his own.

In the end, Ole Miss did not make the top 6 cut of schools for the nation to vote on. Oh well, we all get our 10 seconds of fame and even though they didn't say my name, I got mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment