Monday, October 1, 2012

Game #4: vs Tulane aka Road Trip #1

WE WON!!!!! We have a better win record than last year!! I'm sure many of you think that yes with a 2-10 record last year, topping it this year shouldn't be too hard--but it wasn't a guarantee. And to the critics that say we should have won the game anyway, I have to add, in the past several years Ole Miss has not been known as the team that would always win the games we were "suppose to win." Going into this season we were all excited about a new coaching staff and A.D., but there was still the question of whether Coach Hugh Freeze would have enough time to work the existing team members into shape and then concern of how the new recruits would turn out.  It looks like there was definitely enough time to make something happen.

The game was at a bright and early 11:00 a.m. Everyone has their favorite game time, and this time usually isn't it, but it was the perfect time. We were able to sleep late, make it to the stadium, get settled with a bowl of jambalaya (sold just behind our seats and it was fantastic) for lunch, and then cheer the Rebels to victory.


I've never been in the Superdome before; it was a site to see. If you've never been, I recommend seeing something in there at least once. The entry area reminded me of a trendy mall I've been to in Denver--not because of stores--but because the time spent on the design of the details from floor to ceiling. Once in your seats, you feel so small in such a large place but after thousands of fans fill the seats around you, it's really cozy.


After the game began, Charlie walked over to the Tulane side to smap a picture of the Ole Miss crowd. Considering the distance from Oxford and that all the Greek students were tied up with Rush (couple thousand), I was really impressed with the turn out. In a way it nice to be surrounded by more fans and alumni than students. I would also like to point out that the full Ole Miss band, The Pride of the South, was in attendance and they did a great job!! I love it when the full band travels with the team; they make a big impact. It wasn't until after the game did I realize that the band would be playing at half-time during the New Orleans Saints game.

 
 
In the end we were victorious. I'm so glad that Charlie and I got to share the weekend with my cousin Blake and Sloane, his girlfriend. By the way, she gets super-cool girlfriend points for wearing blue (shhhh, don't tell anyone but she went to Mississippi State). I would claim her as a Rebel any day and I think she would accept, as long as it's not the Egg Bowl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment